Here is my sweet grandson with his tricorn cap, holding a copy of the Declaration of Independence as a horse-drawn carriage rolls by!
Two young people in costume, chatting on the lawn as we pass by.....
This is the brick foundry where clay is being prepared for the making of bricks used at Colonial Williamsburg.
My grandson in front of the Governor's Palace.
The crowd begins to gather on the Palace green for the coming fireworks.
Afterward, the Fife and Drum Corps march down Duke of Gloucester Street.
16 comments:
What a fantastic was to spend the 4th of July! I've always wanted to go to Williamsburg! Your photos are marvelous and your grandson is such a cutie! Great fireworks photos, too!
You're right no better place to spend the fourth.
Oh I'm sure you are enjoying your time with your grandson during his visit.
Have a great week.
I love that place. It makes history accessible, friendly, exciting. Gorgeous. Thanks.
There are so many days when i wished I lived in those days. I love the attire women wore. The beautiful dresses, bonnets and women wore aprons as part of their daily dress it seemed. The men were not so shabby themselves. I experienced fireworks in the DC area one year. They were quite spectacular! Looks like you all had fun.
Looks like a great place and a really wonderful time. My Independence Day in Philadelphia was pretty nice too.
I would love to visit Williamsburg someday.
You celebrate in style in a way we don't in the UK.
Would love to have been there! One of my sons was born in Williamsburg. We were stationed in Yorktown, US Coast Guard. A beautiful place, that is for sure!
It dose look like you all had a wonderful day.
Williamsburg is a wonderful place to visit and the 4th of July must have been very special.
Thanks for sharing your delightful journey...
Glad to see you back online!
Williamsburg looks like so much fun. I really hope to be able to visit there one day. However, I am planning a trip to D. C. this fall, so I'll have to be content with that for awhile.
We visited Williamsburg years ago and loved every minute. I bet it was wonderful on the 4th of July. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Great fireworks!
enjoyed your post...great captures of the fireworks and williamsburg.
have a lovely week.
...and a great day was had by all! Nice post.
Thanks so much all of you for your sweet comments! Will visit each of you as I can! All my best!
Marie
What a tremendous celebration in Williamsburg for the 4th of July and so it should as it is such an historic place and you obviously love it. The photos are great, showing people in period costume and it looks like the local population take it seriously and dress up too,adding such fun and colour to the day.
I just caught up with your blog--I missed you while you were gone to Arizona. Now I babysit my granddaughter part of the time and I am always running behind of my visits in blogland. I like your fireworks pictures here. and glad you get to have your grandson for a while...
Our family enjoys Williamsburg too! We went there last year and had a ball. "Revolutionary City" really helps to bring history to life. It is on my list of places that I would readily go as often as I am able.
Post a Comment