Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


08 January 2009

A Visit With Penny

For my Skywatch post, please scroll down....just had to share with you all getting to see our sweet dog! She is boarding at a kennel out of necessity (well, if you can call living in the house, sleeping on the couch, and being petted and loved BOARDING!!!! :-)) We couldn't have asked for better people to care for her! They are Frank and Mary, and Penny misses us but we know she is doing just fine.....We went to visit our 9-year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback yesterday and took a few pictures....
Mary shares some treats with Penny by holding them in her mouth--it took a few tries (because of the camera delay) to make the shot the second Penny took the treat!









Frank and Mary breed laborador retrievers, who all have to stay in the kennels (don't tell them Penny is in the house!) :-) And here is their stallion King, a very sweet horse.....



I want to do a full post on Penny (from puppy pictures on) and tell her story these past nine years with our family, but I have to find some of the earlier pics first and it may be a while....I'm looking forward to it though.

18 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Marie :)

Your Penny is very cute and has a lovely attractive color. She looks very affectionate and intelligent. She is pampered compared to the other dogs. While others have to brave the climate, she is living like a queen. Very lucky and privileged, indeed! But then, she is a senior and entitled to all the comforts and perks.

The horse also looks very good and special.

Taking such good care of so many animals will be quite a task. The owners of this place must be very talented and wonderful people.

Many thanks for sharing and also for the inspiring and lovely comments in my posts.

Have a bright and beautiful day :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your post! It's tiring to try to find old photos sometimes. You can picture it in your head but just can't find it!!

George said...

It looks as if Penny has a very nice place to stay. But I'm sure you're looking forward to getting her back with you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks Marie for checking out my blog. I am going to check out yours. Penny is gorgeous. Looks like she is well-taken care of right now!!! I know that makes you happy.
Hugs,
Betsy
I have added you to my list.

Lew said...

It's good to see your photos again! Beautiful dog you have. I hope your new job comes soon and your housing situation even quicker.

Peggy said...

Hi Marie, great to have you back online!The new camera is working out fine although all of your photos have been excellent anyway.I know being seperated from penny must be hard but it is only a temporary solution and hopefully you will all be back together soon
Best wishes
Peggy

SaraG said...

AWWWWWW Penny is just beautiful!! I bet you miss her like crazy!!
Looks like she is being tended to very well.
Take care

Dorothy said...

Hi Marie,
Glad you're back! Great pictures of Penny and the horse! I know it was comforting to know that she had such good care!

Roses and Lilacs said...

It sad you had to board her. You are very lucky to find a place where she can be part of the family.
Marnie

Tina said...

Love the photos of your dog..such a cutie and that one of the stallion is really funny..not too camera shy, is he?
So glad to see your blogging...hope you and hubby are doing better..;-)

DayPhoto said...

That horse is very beautiful! AND I love Penney! I'm glad she gets to board in such loving surroundings.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Tipper said...

Penny is a sweetheart!

Janet, said...

Such a cute dog! And I like the horse, too.

Gail said...

She is a beautiful dog! I know you all miss her! Gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, I wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog to catch up. It means a lot to me. Blogging has been a wonderful tool for me to meet people and to visit places otherwise I could not. Hope things are going better for you. Give us an update when you have time. God bless

Femin Susan said...

Hello……. !
Very cute all these pictures... Great……. may god bless you !

A Colorful World said...

Mildred, George, Betsy and Lew! Thanks for coming by to visit the blog even though I am posting so seldom! I'll be visiting all of you as I can. Yes, we are making do pretty well with our temp situation. Hope this coming year is great for you all!

Marie

A Colorful World said...

Thanks all of you for all your sweet comments about our wonderful dog! Yes, we miss her a lot! But, we know she is in good hands. I appreciate you all visiting my blog--Joseph, Peggy, Sara, Dorothy, Marnie,Tina, Linda, Tipper, Janet, Gail, Mildred and Susan.

We in in temporary digs, but that's OK--things are going well, and I may actually have a temporary job soon which will help so much! Thanks for hanging in there, all of you! I miss you all, and will try to visit your blogs as often as I can!

Marie