Hi Everyone!So many of you have asked about my move, and were wondering when I was coming back....I haven't had a chance to look at anyone's blogs yet, and will start doing so. I am just back at Mom's for a visit, and still don't have a computer set up in my new place. So, I hope everyone will be patient with me! So, I put the kettle on so we could have a short visit....
First, most of you probably aren't aware that my husband and I were set upon by some bad luck almost seven months ago and had to move out of our home, and put everything we own into storage. At first we were to rent a room from friends and then their own son and daughter-in-law and the three kids showed up and, well, there were just too many people in the house. I came on out to Mom and Dad's but my husband stayed at the friends at least for a while because he was getting up at 4:00 am to get ready for work as it was, and staying an hour further away from his job meant an even earlier wake-up call. But eventually he too had to move out here for a while, and he stayed in the sunroom with the dog so he could sneak out the sunroom door and not disturb the rest of the house when he would leave in the dark every day. (People with Alzheimers like my Dad often sundown and Mom sometimes has some sleepless nights!) We were looking frantically for new digs, and well, God provided us with a great situation....a room at the right price, and it's 30 minutes from my husband's work, plus 30 minutes in the other direction gets us here at Mom and Dad's for a visit! This is only a temporary situation...we had to board the dog (who is a family member!) with a friend who has a kennel, and all of our worldly possessions are still in storage! But the good news is, we are finally back together again, and in a centrally located place, where we are enjoying some peace and quiet and some time to ourselves while we get things worked out to get back on our feet!
I started blogging (and met all of you!) while I was at Mom's, borrowing her computer and her digital camera, and well, now I miss it all, and YOU all, a lot!!! :-) Hopefully we will have a computer set up at our place in a week or two! I hope no one will forget me while we are in this period of transition. I am STILL looking for a job! (Have been for seven months now!) and where that is making it harder for us to get back on our feet, I have enjoyed some time in the last two weeks in our room by myself while hubby has been at work, getting to quilt and work on the book I am writing, and also reading a lot. And, I had a birthday and, guess what, was given a digital camera! :-) So..... Look out in the near future! :-)
Please keep us in your prayers for me to find work, and for my husband to find a better job, and for us to get back into an actual house again one of these days, with a yard for the dog, and all our STUFF. But, know that God is good, and that He uses things like this in so many wonderful ways. I spent over five months with my Mom and Dad, for instance, and that has been a wonderful treasure! But, it is so good to be back with my hubby, and hey I am looking forward to a GREAT New Year!
All my best to all of you too! Well, I need to start hitting all those blogs, and making some comments....
Marie
27 comments:
I hope you get situated soon--this may have been a blessing in disguise--a way of getting you nearer your mom. And maybe living with her for a while will help you understand so much more later on. I do check your blog regularly...so will see you when you are up and running.
Had no idea. I have been hearing a commerical about 2009 is going to be better than 2008. I sure hope so, for me and for you. Jimmy and I are living apart 4 days a week, but we do still have our home. I will keep you in my prayers.
Marie,
I was so glad to see you were blogging again and to know you are all doing ok.. I am sorry to hear about your situation and wish I could do more to help you. You and your husband have certainly been walking a difficult path but you sound very positive, which is such an important part of making it thru any crisis. I know all this will work out well for you..and you will just have to add another chapter to your book, seeing this as another adventure in your life of experiences! I will be praying for you and your husband to find employment and to get back to a house, dog and a normal lifestyle.
Hang in there ;-)
Marie,
Sorry to post twice..but I wanted to tell you that I posted another one of my wall hangings in a post called "Counting our Blessings"
:) thinking of you.
Hi Marie, it's nice to have an update from you. You all will certainly be in my prayers. I applaud your positive attitude and your gratefulness that this situation gave you precious time with your parents. Please update when you can and I wish you and hubby God's blessings in the new year.
Great to get an update from you.
I wish a better year for you in 2009. I am glad I found your blog and have been following you since!!
Take care
I thought the teapot meant that you were blowing off some steam. lol! I'm glad you stopped in for a little visit and to let us know you are ok. I was wondering what happened to you guys.
I've had a few bad things happen last year, once which is going to probably require surgery, but I have high hopes that 2009 will have plenty of good things to celebrate, too.
Congrats on the camera! Woot!
I got one, too, on New Years Eve. lol!
Take Care of yourself and good luck with the job search, too.
~Lisa
New Mexico
Marie -
My prayers will be with you and your husband. I had no idea what all was going on with you. I'm sure your Mom and Dad enjoyed your time w/them, but I can only imagine how happy you are to be back in the same place w/your husband.
CAB at The Old Spill House
Dear Marie,
I'm so glad to hear from you again! I've missed you and your interesting posts. I'm so sorry that you have been having so much trouble. Sometime it just gangs up on us, doesn't it? I will add y'all to my prayer list and I hope that you will soon be on your feet and back to normal. Thank you for sharing this with us, as I know that sharing troubles and joys brings people closer together!
Oh Marie...What for news. I wish you strengh ! Think always positive thoughts. You are in my prayers.
Hugs send you Cheyenne
Hi Marie, I was wondering where you were, because I enjoyed your blog. I hope everything works out for you and your husband this new year.I look forward to 'catching up' on all you do.
Best wishes
Peggy
I hope things turn around for you in the New Year! I really enjoy your blog, and look forward to your return.
Oh, Marie, what wonderful news! I've been praying for your situation and will continue to do so.
I know you'll be a blessing in each new home you receive - even the temporary ones. When I think about it, aren't all our earthly homes temporary? ;o)
I look forward to seeing photos from your new camera.
hugs,
teresa
Hello Marie! I just left a comment, and then my screen froze...I have no idea if the comment went through or not, so am leaving you a second just in case, just to say (again) that you're in my prayers and I'm wishing you and your family all wonderful things in 2009!
It was lovely to see you posting again.
Life sometimes brings hardships to all of us. I pray that this will be a better year for you. Your situation reminds me of the song "I'm proud to be an American." My DS#2 & DIL are both out of work and have a newborn baby. We just thank God for a healthy baby and hope their situation will improve also.
so so sorry about your situation...we had the same problem about 2 years ago when my husband lost his job..but we were able to start our own business and are doing much better...haven't lost the house yet and hope we won't but as you say, God is in control....glad you can spend time with your parents...mine are both gone now and are with the Lord.....I'd give anything to have a few minutes with them again but have the hope we will be together one day...
I just read your post. You've had a trying 2008 and I know 2009 is going to be your year. I don't think anyone is going to forget you while you are away from your computer, I know I won't as I am enjoying you and so many more as growing good friends. This is a great blogging world. We all come together and give each other a big virtual hug when we need one. I wish I could give you a real one but I know you'll be on your feet in no time. In the meantime you and hubby will be in my prayers. You'll find that job, I feel it coming. Have A Very Happy and Blessed New Year.
I just read your post. You've had a trying 2008 and I know 2009 is going to be your year. I don't think anyone is going to forget you while you are away from your computer, I know I won't as I am enjoying you and so many more as growing good friends. This is a great blogging world. We all come together and give each other a big virtual hug when we need one. I wish I could give you a real one but I know you'll be on your feet in no time. In the meantime you and hubby will be in my prayers. You'll find that job, I feel it coming. Have A Very Happy and Blessed New Year.
Marie, I was sorry to hear about the problems you've been having recently. We will certainly keep you and your entire family in our prayers. I know your faith is strong and I'm sure God has something wonderful in store for yiou.
I pray this new year will see your family in a new home. Your friends will be waiting here when you are settled. Keep us posted.
Marnie
I've been wondering where you were. I'm sorry you are having so many problems and will pray for their solution to come soon. God will take care of you and provide. I'll pray about a job for you, too. Here is a hug ( ) Hang in there.
Oh! YES! I am praying for you! I just know that everything will come together soon! I also think you will find that you and your husband and now experiencing another honeymoon!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Marie,
I am glad to catch up on your life...and so glad you've found a comfortable place to land for a while!
We are all here and look forward to your visits when ever you can make them...gail
I hope you are settling in and find a job soon. I heard the census is hiring in our area. I don't know if they are where you are, but I'm assuming it's temporary work.
Happy Birthday!
Sue
there are so many people in this situation now with the recession, i certainly hope and pary that all will work out for you and soon.
Thanks so much EVERYONE for all the uplifting comments! I will keep you all posted!
Marie
Glad to hear that you have a new place to be and hope that you get settled in soon. I'm glad that you plan to keep blogging right along and am glad to know you in this way. Who knows? Maybe some day we will get to meet in person too.
Also I don't have your e-mail address but wanted to let you know that I got your comment and am interested in looking into the TC books that you mentioned once I finish the one I am working on at present (Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop).
Post a Comment