Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


14 May 2018

Ranch House Treasure

For Tom's Tuesday Treasures I want to share the original ranch house here on Crooked River Ranch.  The Heritage House group has recently been working to make it more like it originally looked when it was built in 1916 as home for the Gates family of cattle ranchers.  The house was lived in over the years by a number of different families as the ranch changed hands.  Today it is a Senior Center and Lending Library for our community and hosts many different events, including weddings.

side view of the old ranch house
Inside, rooms have been re-done beautifully...

The Brides Room where a bride and her attendants can prepare for the ceremony
The Groom's Room
When another of the upstairs rooms needed a name many people made suggestions.  I said it should be named after a child who had once lived in the house.  They had recently met the Lawrence sons who had lived in the house at one time, and decided to name the room "Dale's Room" after one of the men.  Dale Lawrence sadly died not long after that.  I was proud of the fact that they decided to use my suggestion, especially since Dale died right after the decision was made.


One of the Lawrence family made this history of the ranch plaque to hang in Dale's Room.

No comments: