Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


11 October 2016

A Treasure Indeed!

Today I am joining in with Tom's wonderful Tuesday Treasures because I have something that is indeed an amazing treasure to share!  Those who know me here in the blogosphere know my husband and I have been desperately searching for months for a home to move to in Oregon.  Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson have been there since late March, and we had hoped to find a house and get moved by the end of October at the latest because of the coming winter.  We have LOOKED and LOOKED....and may I get a drumroll please....

Photo taken off the internet
....Our new home!  Our bid was accepted by the sellers on Monday morning.  We won't be able to move in till December because it is taking the V.A. about two months to inspect and approve a house for purchase.  We may be driving up there in snow and sleet and rain, and well, will need prayer!  But I feel like this is the house God wants us to have, and I am so thankful He led us to it! I am SOOOO happy!  We are about 50 minutes from our kids, but look at this wonderful juniper forest...we are even close to the Crooked River!  I have always dreamed of living close to a river or creek.  We only bought a house once before, in the early 80's and this is a dream come true, a blessing, an answer to prayer....our final home!  A treasure!

14 comments:

Tom said...

GREAT news Marie! Things have a way of working out the way they are intended. I can't wait to see the treasures that you will find in Oregon...keep us posted.

Mersad said...

Congratulations! So happy for you! Best of luck in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Such good news. So happy for this blessing in your lives.

Bev said...

YES!!! I knew you would get the right one!!

Linda P said...

Great news! I'm so happy for you especially as it's all you hoped for in a property and location. Looking forward to hearing more when you get to Oregon.

DeniseinVA said...

I am so happy for you Marie. Congratulations on your new home and it looks and sounds like the perfect location. It looks lovely! It won’t be long before you are settled in your new home the way time is flying this year and I wish you many years of happiness there :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh yay! Knew it would happen eventually, but it is definitely about time. Looks wonderful ... life is good.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I'm so happy for you, Marie! It's so sweet and in such a pretty setting with those rolling hills! It's going to be so nice to be close to your daughter and family. Christmas will be extra special for you this year! Congratulations! xx Karen

Summer said...

Glad you found a new home♥

diane b said...

This is good news. It looks in a dream location. I hope all goes well for you. Get there safely.

Terra said...

The location sounds ideal for you.

Mascha said...

I'm so glad for you, that you've finally found a nice house (I wasn't online last week, only today I read all posts)
Good luck for all and prayers

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Marie! hi, I do not know how I have missed visiting here for so long........life is a blur these days.......but am so glad you get your dream of living in Oregon. Best wishes in creating your new nest!

Rose said...

Congratulations on finding your home...with all that was going on here I had forgotten you were moving. Hope things go well for you.