Oh no! I just realized it's been a week since I last posted, and it's Friday again and I had something I wanted to share with Willy Nilly Friday Five with Tanya and Five on Friday with Amy! My kids (daughter, son-in-law and grandson) just went to Portland and Astoria (in Oregon) on a special trip to celebrate my son-in-law's 40th birthday. He loved the movie The Goonies as a child, and had always dreamed of going there....so these photos are not mine (still in hot Tucson! :-) ) but are theirs from that recent trip.
1. Amazing coastline!
2. Beautiful beach and river!
3. Family fun...
4. Welcome to Astoria...and gorgeous architecture
5. The house the family lived in in The Goonies movie....those poor people (you can hardly blame them!) who live there I'm sure get tired of people visiting, so they've blocked off the driveway now, and this photo was taken from a block away.
I can't wait till I can see all of this myself! Soon....
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
02 September 2016
Running Late
Labels: trips, garden, painting, family, history
Architecture,
Family,
Five for Friday,
Great Vacations,
Western US,
Willy Nilly Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










28 comments:
Astoria is gorgeous they tell me. I spent a week in the local hospital a number of years ago. Such check it out again.
It looks so cool there, I know you are probably more tired of heat than I am.
Hello, I love the Oregon coastline! Gorgeous photos, so glad your family have a great visit. Happy Friday, have a happy weekend!
When we visited Astoria just a couple years ago you could still go up the driveway. I can't blame the new owners either for blocking off the driveway! Looks like a fun family trip.
Hi Marie! I'm glad that your son and his family enjoyed their time in Oregon and that you will soon move up here to explore it for yourself. The state has so many interesting natural features, including Haystack Rock of Goonies movie fame. I have visited your mom's blog and bought and enjoyed reading her book. I'm asking the Lord to bless you and yours as you prepare for your move. xx
What a lovely variety of photos. The water is just fantastic and the other shots are just as great!
Beautiful scenes!
What a marvellous place, I would like to visit it too (don't know the movie)
I hope, it's all right now for your transfer?
Best wishes and prayers
It looks a beautiful place, all the rocks in the sea look fantastic.
It looks like your folks had a wonderful time for a birthday celebration. The photos of the sea and river are beautiful. I've not seen the Goonies movie, but that house looks like a good one to be used in a film set. The architecture is amazingly Gothic! Wishing you all the best my friend.
As soon as I saw the Word Astoria in your post I thought Goonies! Love the film and such great photos with many familiar sights. I thinks its wonderful that your son got to enjoy it, its great to go exploring based on childhood memories.
Five on Friday
Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me
Ah the Goonies! I love that film and now my children are fans. I had to show them your blog and they thought this was brilliant! Have a great weekend xx
The Oregon coastline is gorgeous. Some day we want to drive down along the coast highway. Happy weekend!
How I'd love a walk on that beach.Thanks for sharing. We don't care that they're not your photos.
What a beautiful place! Just think you will be there, in the cooler weather enjoying it all with them soon! Focus on the end result if you can. Thank you for joining in, have a great weekend! xx
Hi Marie, I loved seeing your pictures of the beautiful Oregon coast. I'm excited for your move. The weather will be so much different but maybe that's good. I miss the rain so much. We've finally gotten some cooler weather here in southern California today. Enjoy your holiday weekend dear friend! Pat xx
These are lovely photos Marie, especially of your kids. Thanks so much for leaving such a lovely comment. I hope when you come back east to see your Mom, that you will let me know. I will make a trip especially to see you and I would love to meet your Mom. A belated happy birthday to your son-in-law and happy week to you all.
That is a fantastic coastline! Gorgeous!
Wow Marie! What gorgeous photos of an amazing place. ;) Looks like they had a trip to remember!!
HOpe you're having a lovely holiday weekend and blessings to you.
xoxo
Good looking coast line and family!
Cheers - Stewart M - Just back in Melbourne!
Oregon is definately on our to do list! LOVED The Goonies!
hughugs
I really need to watch that movie! We've been to Astoria of course.just because when we lived here we went everywhere on the coast over the years .... But our granddaughter's husband couldn't wait to visit it for the same reason as your SIL. (they me in College out of state and he was in military...now they have moved back to her old home town..to our family's joy)
Those top photos are amazing. What a coast line!
What an amazing coastline
Those rugged coastlines make me long for a trip back to the USA soon. Lovely images Marie.
what a great way to spend a birthday! i would get annoyed i think living in a famous house haha...it's beautiful! thank you for taking the time to link up marie! happy packing!
There are a lot of great and interesting shots here.
wow, what a beautiful place!! nice captures of the family as well!!!!
Post a Comment