1. House? Before we could put the bid in on the second house we wanted like crazy, it also was gone! On to the next possibility....Then another disappointment followed. The house market in that area has exploded. Karen at Beatrice Euphemie says her daughter and SIL are having the same problem. As soon as you pick a house to bid on, before the bid can be presented, the house is already gone! I get online constantly hoping a new house will have come on the market overnight ...sometimes there has, but then there's always something wrong. I'm frustrated because it's taking the V.A. two months to inspect a house once your bid is accepted, which means closing now will be AFTER Thanksgiving, and we so wanted to be in Oregon no later than the end of October, and certainly be with our kids for the holidays. I'm going a little nuts! The last time we bought a house was in 1980 and I remember nearly having a nervous breakdown then...this is WORSE!
2. I made another fun find inside the pages of a used book! Last time it was a sweet note from a daughter who arrived to find her mother sound asleep. This time is less personal, but lends itself to a wonderful evening out! Two tickets to the musical Chicago...at the London Strand Theatre! Someone's special memories! They were found in the back of the book I have been reading, The Big Rock Candy Mountain, by Wallace Stegner.
3. Several of you were so nice to comment on my carpal tunnel issues. Actually I remembered why I added the mouse back...you can't "right click" on a touch pad, or drag pictures. How does one accomplish those acts without a mouse?....If anyone knows, I would love to hear!
4. We've had some beautiful partly-rainy weather lately with temps in the 80s and nice breezes (at times some heavier winds) with short spurts of rain, sometimes light, sometimes heavy. It's wonderful to walk outside and not be knocked down by the searing heat! Summer is coming to an end....
5. I don't really have a five this week, so I will end this post there. Hope you join in with Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five and Amy's Five on Friday.
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
30 September 2016
For Friday...
Labels: trips, garden, painting, family, history
Five for Friday,
Unhappy Things,
Willy Nilly Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Sorry to hear about the house hunt, the market sure isn't that stronge here.
So sorry to hear about your house hunting woes.... Have you thought about renting an apartment for 6 months which will give you more time once you are there? That way you will be in the area and can make more personal contacts... Are you considering a condo type place instead of a house? When we have to move again, we will definitely go into a condo or own an apartment --so that we won't have yard maintenance, etc.... There are advantages and disadvantages to both.. Good Luck.
I have never used a mouse with a right click since I'm a mac person. I still use a mouse over a track pad --but can drag pictures from the track pad to the desktop. If you have a mouse without the right click now, then Control-Click acts the same way on a Mac as the right click on a mouse. OR---just hold down your finger on the object you want to move, and drag it where you want it. It works the same way with the track pad.. JUST hold down (highlight) what you want to move and then drag it while holding it down... Hope this helps.
Hugs,
Betsy
Some bad stuff, some good stuff... Your post was pretty much like life itself. I just couldn't do one today. Maybe next week.
Hi Marie, sorry about the house problems....that must be so disappointing. I would want to be moved in time for the holidays also.
Oh, I do hope you find your forever home soon. I know it can be so worrisome when you have to move long distance. It's nice that your weather is good for this time of year. We are still have hot temps here in southern California this week. I wonder if winter will ever appear? My best wishes to you dear friend, Pat xx
My heart goes out to you! The anxiety of trying to find the right home is tough so I pray the right one comes along for you ASAP!
Enjoy the musical and hope it gives you spirits a lift!
Hope the house thing works out. It can be very frustrating!
Thanks for sharing your Five on Friday!
very nice
I love used books, but have never found anything in one!
Keep smiling ... It will all work out eventually. I can't live without a mouse, so no help there either.
Hi Marie - don't give up on the house. My daughter finally found one and it is 10 min. from us - I'm so happy! You just have to be really quick.....They had about a dozen fall through their fingers...Unfortunately it's hard to do when you are so far away. Maybe you could rent an apt. there for a while so you can get your bearings. I have carpel tunnel in my right arm and had to move my mouse to the left side. It took some getting used to, but now it is second nature for me. It would give me migraines....Glad it is cooling off for you, at least. Hang in there. hugs xo Karen
Sorry to hearth problems you have buying a house. Hope you are successful soon.
House shopping.... not my favourite...but you know... there is a house for you...and it will work out HE has one for you:)
1. Oh dear Marie, that is disappointing. House hunting can be frustrating, equally so house selling, especially long distance. I remember when we sold our house in California, it was all of the above and more. Hang in there, easier said than done I know but you will be looking at all this well behind you and enjoying being with your family again. 2. So cute, I have never had that happen, finding something inside a book. I am reading Louis Penny’s new book in the Inspector Gamache series, A Great Reckoning. I have been hooked on those for a couple of years now. 3. I had the beginnings of carpal tunnel when I used to paint wooden Christmas ornaments for craft shows years and years ago. I remember how sad I was that I couldn’t hold a paintbrush any more, as my doctor told me to quit. Still miss my craft shoes. Sure hope yours sort themselves out. Hmmm….I have the touchpad and a left and right key at the end of the touchpad. This allows me to cut and paste quite easily. Not sure how it differs from computer to computer. 4. Your weather sounds nice. Ours has gone considerably cooler, in the low 70s and even in the 60s at night. I’ve been loving it. It suits my English inner climate control ;) 5. I have enjoyed your five this week Marie, and do hope the house situation will just fall into place one of these days. Also the carpel tunnel. I’ll be sending good thoughts and thinking of you.
yea, buying a new home is not easy :( Wish you luck on that. :)
I think you have some good books :) I would open them quite often .
All the best with house buying! Have a lovely Sunday♥
summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com
Post a Comment