Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


12 December 2015

Out of Africa 1

I am happy to say I will have critter posts for the next few weeks, thanks to our visit to Out of Africa near Cottonwood, AZ last week with our friend Kay!  Joining in with Eileen's Saturday's Critters.   I had been once before with the "kids" when my hubby was back in Virginia taking care of some business, about two years ago.  I knew then he was really "missing out."  I knew he'd love it, so we decided to go last week....

HERE is a link to learn more about this awesome wild animal park!

First, let me share some still shots of the Tiger Splash show.  It's really wonderful.  I still have to upload the videos I took that day, so will post those later....

Russell & our friend Kay waiting for the show to start

The tigers run after inflatable "toys" and take them down.

Sometimes the trainers can get them to jump in the pool after the toys.




Taking the balloon toy from the tiger requires a bit of meat to replace it.  The trainer pats the tiger on the rump....they are brave souls! :-)  You can see the joy on their faces from getting to work with these amazing creatures!






I get to feed the tiger.


16 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Marie, interesting and I hope hubby enjoyed the visit. There are no tigers in Africa though - never have been tigers in the wild on that continent!

I don't like to see wild animals doing tricks etc, probably because I've been fortunate enough to view them in their natural habitats and interacted personally with some - especially African and Asian elephants. There are some good zoos which provide large, open spaces, and treat their captive animals well - these are wonderful places for children/adults to see wild animals and learn more about them - but they should never be in circuses or made to perform tricks.

I feel very strongly about this subject and pray a lot that the now many endangered species will be saved from extinction for the coming generations to see and love. Once they're gone it will be forever and we, the humans who could have saved them from poachers and people bent on making money from them, will be to blame.

Blessing to you and your family for a wondrous and peaceful Christmas.
Hugs - Mary

TexWisGirl said...

amazing beautiful beasts. looks like they get a lot of exercise!

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, what a neat show. I would be scared to death to be that close to a tiger. Nice shot of your friends. Awesome series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Donna said...

OMWord Girl!! What wonderful photos!!
I know you enjoyed it!
hug hugs

Joyful said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself and that your husband got to see the show. I bet you had a big thrill when you got to fed the tiger. I once petted a cheetah in Kenya (at a orphan rescue center). I was quaking, lol.

I prefer seeing animals in the wild, from afar. But I know many people will not get to see animals in the wild. Sadly many animals in zoos are not well cared for so a lot of them end up in refuges. Even worse are those situations where civilians keep wild and exotic pets in their homes causing danger to those that live around them.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love that movie. but i understand your meaning for this post. what a cool post. tigers are gorgeous wild animals. ( :

Unknown said...

How cool to see this gorgeous animal so close. Enjoy your day!

Mersad said...

That last shot shows what must have been an exciting event for you :) Looking forward to more.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Sharon Wagner said...

There would only be fear on my face. Where do people get their courage? I'm glad the tigers are having some fun.

DeniseinVA said...

Marie, you were one brave lady feeding the tiger even with the fence between you :) Sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for sharing these awesome photographs and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Michelle said...

Pretty cool!

Hootin Anni said...

Tigers!!! Love 'em. But, maybe India, Asia, or Siberia, not Africa. At least I don't think they have any African habitation. My favorite big cat. Just yesterday I changed my computer wallpaper to a Tiger in the Snow!

Speaking of snow, a friend of mine that lives in Tucson told me yesterday on the phone it's cold there?

Really enjoyed your photo series....especially jealous of being able to feed the kitty!!!

Bob Bushell said...

I love tigers, in their homelands.

Phil Slade said...

I too have mixed feelings about zoos. Far better to see such animals in the wild if possible but not everyone has the time or means to travel. On the other hand a good zoo can be a valuable way for education and saving endangered species. Those guys were very brave in getting so close to the tigers. So were you Marie.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Quite an exciting show! If the animals are not mistreated they do provide an opportunity for people to better appreciate their beauty and behavior.

NatureFootstep said...

a great show I´m sure. First time I see something like this.