For
Wild Bird Wednesday,
Bird d'Pot, and
Saturday's Critters I am sharing today some photos taken on a drive about two weeks ago:
 |
| This is the way the sky looked as we drove out of our neighborhood. |
 |
| Not far from Twin Peaks there were entire fields set up for future development, but which looked like the projects had been abandoned. In one of the fields we saw a roadrunner hunting for his dinner. |
 |
| He dashed off before I could take another shot. In retrospect the sunlight glinting on the grasses made an interesting photo. |
 |
| This fellow was on the pavement...a first for me, a Horned Lark. |
 |
| Fluffing up his feathers. |
 |
| A Spiny Lizard |
 |
| Another cute rabbit |
45 comments:
Hello Marie, wonderful critters and post. I have always loved the Roadrunner. And the Horned Lark is a beautiful bird. Cute bunny and a cool lizard, all are great sightings. The grass and sunlight shot is pretty. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!
Great selection and love your road runner. Often see these from afar up at our cabin.
A horned lark! you find the most amazing things to take pictures of. I need to get out and hunt me some stuff to snap. Maybe soon before it gets too hot. But, then, again, there is always my stash of older pictures just waiting to be posted. So, I guess I am good.
awesome critters! love the roadies. :)
Rabbits are always adorable and the one in your photo is a cutie. Love the little roadrunner too. The sunlight on the grass is really cool.
The bunny is adorable, Marie! I've never seen a horned lark, great sighting! Have a wonder-filled week!
Lovely pictures
Dazzlingzest.blogspot.com
Lovely skies! Those animals shots are very good too. Happy Skywatch. x
First time I ever saw a roadrunner down here in south Texas, it was up in a tree...which I never realized they GO in trees.
Excellent photos of all the critters.
What a fun post. Lots of critters
MB
You have a lovely variety of critters in this post.
A collection of animals, the Horned Lark is a new one for me. Love them all.
what a great collection of creatures . . . I am really fond of roadrunners - we don't have them here - well, except for the zoo, which makes me sad . . I miss them - thank you very much for the views.
Beautiful pictures I love the road runner. :)
Okay, it's early...way early for me, and after stopping by to send along my thanks for sharing your link this weekend, I'm now humming "Roadrunner, the coyote's after you...."
lol
Hi Marie. From those pictures it looks like the Roadrunner lives up to the name. I imagine they can be very elusive and difficult to stay with for long? The Horned Lark must have been a good find on the pavement.
It looks like that area is better without development if there are all those creatures and more to be seen.
i have seen one roadrunner in my lifetime ... so cool. ( :
love the sun/cloud shot. so happy. what joy!!
ha, that´s cool. I did see the Horned lark in Moroco, at least I think it is the same species. :)
The road runner is a fine bird and gorgeous in teh nice grass. :)
You could have just posted the roadrunner and I'd have loved this post. I adore those crazy nutty guys. The patron bird of travelers! The rest of your pictures are wonderful as well though -- and I always love reminders of our Tucson winters.
Great shots , Marie..Thanks for sharing..Not your average critters..
You saw many beautiful things, but I would be so shocked to see a roadrunner!!! Thanks for posting.
Cute critters, and congrats on your Horned Lark!
~
Very nice shots - really wanted to see RoadRunner when I was in the US, but I missed out! I'll have to come back!
Cheers - Stewart M - Jakarta (!)
What great wildlife you've found! I have never seen a road runner before - outside of the Bugs Bunny cartoon show. He looks amazing. And that lizard - eeek! Thanks for taking us on a fabulous safari. All the best, Bonny
Awesome photos, Marie! I love the lizard and the adorable bunny. Have a great week!
Great captures- those road runners, to me, always look like they have gone through the roto car wash..kind of scraggly a bit.
Hi Marie, Love the roadrunner shots, and that horned lark is special :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Have a great week,
Wendy
I like all the wildlife you saw and photographed, especially the roadrunner.
I've never seen a real roadrunner before. Was the Wiley Coyote around?
Wonderful photos! My favorite is the bunny rabbit and then the road runner!
Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol
that is a cute bunny, Marie
ALOHA from Honolulu,
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=
You got the Roadrunner! I love that bird. What a treat to see the Horned Lark as well. You saw some pretty nifty creatures. Great post!
Great shots. What a great chance to capture them. I enjoyed the road runner. My favorite is the rabbit! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for coming by my blog. Have a good week.
Oh I would love to see a road runner I have only ever seen the cartoon character, that sky looked menacing!!
Thank you for your visit to Paris!
Wren x
Wow, wow, wow!
That is an adorable rabbit. And I would love to see a road runner! Toot, toot.
Marie,
Beautiful photos of scenery and critters!!
Thanks for visiting!!
Hugs,
Deb
It's so great to see your road runner, they used to run through my yard in San Diego and perch on my fence before sailing off down the canyon. I miss them but not the rattlesnakes that went with them. I can see the grass has browned out already there, it sparkles in the sunshine. I would love to see the lizard too, magnificent! And I used to see Horned Larks many years ago too, sigh.
I've only gotten to bird around Tucson a few times. But horn larks breed here at Red Rocks Lakes National Wildlife Refuge where I'm volunteering this summer. I'll have a picture of one in the next Wild Bird Wednesday. I find them amusing because they seem to think the road is theirs and will run ahead of my vehicle, instead of flying off like the rest of the birds do.
The Horned Lark is a real beauty.
The birds are so pretty--birds I've never seen for myself. And the other animals are so cute, too, even the lizard :)
Great series.
I love your critters.
Hi Marie,
You got quite the collection of subjects for your lovely photos.
Well done!
Peace :)
Wow, a real roadrunner! We don't get them here. Such comical birds aren't they? Thanks for visiting me :-)
Post a Comment