Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


07 May 2014

Wild Bird Wednesday (Again at Long Last!)

I haven't been out birding much this spring, but now I am trying to get caught up!  Joining in with Wild Bird Wednesday...check it out!  It's a wonderful meme and I have missed it.   Thanks Stewart for your great meme!  First of all, the Lesser Goldfinches and House Finches loving my thistle sock! :-)

 
 







And, the Mourning Doves and White-winged Doves always visit the yard.




Using the birdbath for a perch. :-)

16 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very sweet little visitors, Marie! I have never seen a White Winged Dove, or if I have, I didn't notice the beautiful markings until now. How sweet they are, don't you just love their cooing? I have to say I love your bird bath! And your blog header is gorgeous. Hope you have a lovely week, my Dear! Hugs xo Karen

Rohrerbot said...

I love spring migration!

Patsy said...

Always like seeing these bird.
Have a good afternoon.

Hootin Anni said...

Love this post with all the wonderful, different birds. Around our yard, we have TONS of white winged doves.

Ps...love the cactus blossom in the post below this one.

TexWisGirl said...

pretty little goldfinches. i like their darker shades. :)

Carole M. said...

the goldfinches beautiful and well-fed; the doves are always a pleasure, so complacent

mick said...

A great series of photos and birds. I especially like the Goldfinches and House Finches all over that thistle sock.

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful birds. I know you are enjoying seeing them in your yard. I get to watch birds here at my new apartment but it's different than watching them at a bird feeder.

Brian King said...

Beautiful finches! Great shots of the doves!

Stewart M said...

"Thistle sock" sounds like some form of illness in cattle! But they do seem to attack the birds!

Nice post. Welcome back!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Dave said...

Always amasses me how birds find food in things like seed socks. Clever things arnt they.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Sweet birds- and great shots. I love the thistle socks- those are neat.

eileeninmd said...

I love the pretty Goldfinches! a little different than our Goldie seen here. The Doves are sweet. Wonderful series. Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots - I do love the mourning doves! seen on Wild Bird Wednesday

Anonymous said...

Love the sock and the visitors. Nice photos.

DeniseinVA said...

Such a sweet series of bird photos Marie. It has just reminded me that I need to change the water in their drinking bowl.