Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


24 April 2014

Flowers and STUFF:-)

I have been busy this week.  There's no other excuse for it being a week since my last post, except also that I just haven't gotten a chance to get out and get more flower and wildlife pictures.  The weather has been gorgeous...and I promise that I will.  Still, here are a few...

The ocotillo are blooming...always a beautiful showing every spring.  This one is in my neighbors yard.  The stalks are heavily laden with thorns and were used for centuries for fencing material.


The lily I bought for Easter.


And my new geranium. Ooops, it's price is showing! :-)

My macros just don't come out in focus too often!

Easter was wonderful!  We went to sunrise service, then stayed for breakfast and later morning services of Sunday school and Church, then an Easter egg hunt for the kids that they all enjoyed immensely. 
This was the table decoration that our grandson did on our diningroom table.  Lots of ceramic items I own, plus a few little plastic bunnies, etc.  He had fun setting it all out.

His  goodies at home.

He enjoyed coloring eggs.


Some we added some painted designs too as well.  Here he is with the final 18 all decked out in their finery.

This was our breakfast at church.  We love our church family!

And the kids at the Easter egg hunt!  I don't show other people's children up close, but you get the idea. :-)

Our grandson joined right in!  And had a great time.

Goofing off with grand-daddy.:-)
And, finally, here is the best I could do with shots of the blood moon--the first of four, that happened on Passover.  The next will be in September. I know most people in the eastern section of the US didn't get to see it.  Sorry that my camera doesn't like it much when it's dark, but it didn't do TOO badly! :-)

The "star" to the right is Mars, which is larger now than it has been in a very long time.



16 comments:

Donna said...

OMG!! Look at your Blood Moon!! You did Super Marie!! Just Super!
Looks like everyone enjoyed the festivities!
hughugs

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photos of the moon. You are right---we couldn't see it.. It was cloudy and rainy here. Hopefully, we can see it in September.

Sounds like a wonderful Easter in your family.. All kids love to color Easter Eggs --and then hide them of course...

Love your Lilies... Can't wait 'til ours bloom here.

The Ocotillo is so pretty---against that blue sky..

Hugs,
Betsy

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

A fantastic day- and I love the shot of the moon. I slept right through it- and I'm so mad at myself.

Patsy said...

We didn't see the blood moon, it must have been something to see.
Glad you had a good Easter, know your grandson had fun.
That would be a harsh flower fence to run in to.

Linda said...

All your photos are lovely, Marie...the moon? WOW!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wow, Marie - the moon photos are amazing! We had clouds that night :(
Your flowers are so bright and pretty - and your grandson looks like he had a wonderful time. I love that he set up the table and he looks so proud of those gorgeous eggs. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Marie. Hugs xo Karen

Dorothy said...

Hi Marie! Wow, the thorny flower surely WOULD make a good fence! Who could get through that!
Glad you had a nice Easter. We did, too. Beautiful Lilies!

TexWisGirl said...

great moon shots. :) cute grand with his easter eggs, too. love the ocotillo!

Karen Lakis said...

I love that moon - wow! It looks as though you had a wonderful Easter!

Pedaling said...

sounds like the perfect Easter celebration.

i grew up in arizona, so i know those plants well!

have a beautiful week-end.

Latane Barton said...

A nice Easter. Tell C. that he did a great job coloring those eggs. I love the pictures of the blood moon. Good job. As for the macro. Have you tried the portrait setting or the macro setting? Or just take the picture a little farther back and crop. Good luck.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous flowers! Your moon shots are nice! We didn't get to see it because of cloud cover.

Gerald (SK14) said...

you really have been busy - great shot of Mars

Lise said...

Sometimes I have the same problem with my macros, seems the camera wants to focus on something else!

I'm glad you had such a lovely Easter, looks like it was great fun.

I didn't get to see the blood moon, the sky was full of rain clouds. Thanks for sharing your pictures:)

abrianna said...

Lovely flowers. I was sad I did not get to see the blood moon.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous shots of the moon and such pretty Easter eggs!!