Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


14 February 2014

Friendship & Birthdays

When I showed my new teapot earrings to our preacher's wife, Vickie, she told me she had a necklace that would match...and the next time I saw her, she gave it to me!  It's lovely having such wonderful, precious friends!

Last Fall when my friend Kathy was here visiting, we went to several yard sales.  At one house, an older couple was selling mosaic pieces she had made.  I really wanted this bowl to make into a bird bath, and Kathy offered to pay half so I could get it.  Like I said...precious friends!


Since I decided last year to start celebrating my birthday with my hubby later in January and we were both gone over his, we ended up having the birthday dinner, etc after our return from the trip.  It has become our tradition now to always eat at a steak place, and for two years, El Corral was the steak place of choice.  For a previous birthday celebration there, click HERE.  But this year, on the SIL's recommendation, we decided to move the birthday party to Pinnacle Pete's.  It's located ........

  Well, it is quite a place to go!  Not only was it like Disneyland's Wild West area, with lots of things to see and do, the food was also excellent!  There were actual shops, and even a carousel and other kiddie rides! I forgot my new camera!  DOINK! :-(  But here is one from the website.


On the grounds of Pinnacle Pete's there was a museum we will have to check out on another day! 

First we went to see the new Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.   Been dying to see it!  The grandson and I read The Hobbit last year, and for his birthday I made an almond paste Smaug the dragon for his cake.  Check that out HERE.  So we all thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  Then it was on to Pinnacle Pete's for our steak dinner.  I won't tell you of each gift, but I do have to add this one bit of delight that I received from our daughter and SIL.  Another pair of earrings, and this pair also VERY special!  I have wanted lapis jewelry for quite some time, and they chose a gorgeous pair of lapis earrings!


It was a lovely day.  We were all together as a family, and that felt great!  Family and dear friends....special ones to be truly thankful for!

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Belated Birthday! The steak dinner would be my choice, glad it was good. Love the pretty earrings and the cute birdbath. Happy Valentine's day and have a great weekend!

Rohrerbot said...

Happy happy birthday! Isn't it great to be a tourist in our city?:) I love that place. Hope you have a fun Valentine's planned. Chris:)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy Birthday...umm..belated! I love all things Hobbit- and I just watched part one on dvd. The earrings are adorable!

Candy C. said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 'birthdays!' I have been to Pinnacle Peak and it certainly is like a theme park! :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Valentine's Day, Marie! I love your stories of treasured gifts from friends. The birdbath is beautiful and your earrings are lovely. I have been to Pinnacle Pete's - do they still cut off people's ties? Friends and family - those are the best things in life. Hugs xo Karen

Mersad said...

Looks like a great place to visit. I think that's important to share these things as long as you can with loved ones.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Latane Barton said...

So glad you had such a great birthday celebration. That place looks like a fun time for everyone. The earrings are so pretty. And, so is that bowl you got last year. Wow. Great birthday stuff.

TexWisGirl said...

really like your mosaic tile bowl! very neat! and happy birthday. :)

Carver said...

Happy late Birthday to you. Great shots and sounds like fun.

Patsy said...

Happy late Birthday to you both.
I had to see you on comments to get your blog address. Some how I wiped out all of my friends on side bar.

George said...

There's nothing more special than good friends, and it sounds as if you have several. Pinnacle Pete's sounds like a great place to visit and have a great meal.

Maggie Ann said...

What a beautiful time and times...you enjoyed. The bird bath bowl is over the top gorgeous! Belated Happy Birthday! Your earrings are lovely. I'm with you for steak...yum =). It is supposed to warm up here....and last night we were hit with an ice storm. You should have heard those little ice balls pinging off the windows. Hubby is getting his shower tiled and the men are busy, busy! He said it looks awesome. I am going to sort Sunday sch. things to get them back in the right order. I...alas, am oft a procrastinator.

Did you enjoy the couples skating last night? I was glad Charlie White and Beryl? Davis won. I don't watch that only during the Olympics but they were stunning. If you don't mind showing the whole wide world your all....lol.

DeniseinVA said...

Happy Belated Birthday Marie! You had a wonderful time celebrating, those earrings are gorgeous. I love earrings also and have just learned how to convert pierced ones to clips as I don't have pierced ears. I love the look of Pinnacle Pete's.

Debbie said...

happy birthday!! looks like a great place to stop and sit a spell!!

Lise said...

Happy Birthday!!! It is wonderful to have good friends, makes all the difference. I love your bowl/birdbath!

Nancy said...

Happy belated birthday, Marie. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. The bowl is so pretty, as are the earrings. How nice that you have such generous, sweet friends. Years ago I ate at a Pinnacle Pete's with my late husband. We had a great time, and the food was delicious. I wanted to tell you that I took my first quilting class last October, and loved it. I'm taking my first machine quilting class next month. I know you are a quilter, so I wanted to share this with you. Blessings, Nancy

Maggie Ann said...

I do like your book review, don't remember if I knew it was there in the sidebar. I probably forgot! Wife No. 19! Was her life depressing? I saw a program once about Morman women who used sort of an 'underground' railway to escape. What a terrible way to live...in fear. I have been cleaning my craft/sewing room this afternoon. What a job!

Someone once told me the secret is to get rid of stuff. I'm trying, my husband is a keeper (of my stuff)....I bring it home haha. then want to get rid of some by sharing with Good Will or the upcoming school yard sale. Its tough to wait months though. By the time the sale comes, I've lost interest in the purging. =) Its rainy here and the driveway still has lots of snow hanging around. It sure was pretty to see it coming down though.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---Happy belated Birthday... Sounds like Pinnacle Pete's was the perfect place to go.. I'll bet those steaks were tremendous!!! Love the earrings..

Love the birdbath also. Are friends just so special???

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mary said...

Happy belated Birthday and sorry we didn't get together when I was out there this year! I love that cake you made for your grandson. So clever and well done!