Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


23 October 2011

A Trip To Apple Annie's!

On Saturday we took our grandson to Willcox (about an hour and a half away) to Apple Annie's, a very special orchard and pumpkin farm!  We had a fantastic time! First we stopped at the Visitor Center which was excellent (well worth a stop for those of you planning a trip to this area!)  The butterfly bush just outside was covered with butterflies and bees, too!

 We had some great apple-wood grilled hamburgers for lunch, and then checked out the bakery.  We weren't able to do any picking because they hadn't had a good crop this year, but pink lady apples and granny smiths were available for sale, and we bought some....


and we checked out the donut operation (YUM!)

 Then, as we pulled away from the orchards, I stopped and took this shot of some pink lady apples on the tree.
The pumpkin patch (if you can call these acres a patch!) was a few miles down the road!  First, our grandson wanted to check out the cotton field. 

And there were acres of sweet peppers and other produce, as well as a large patch of wonderful sunflowers!


Then it was on to a special treat--the corn maze!  This corn maze is well known in AZ and is HUGE!  It was a lot of fun!

 See our grandson WAY down there...

Which way do we go????

You had questions to answer at each juncture, and if you got the qestion wrong...UH OH!

This is the maze schematic!  You can choose beginner, intermediate or challenge....our intermediate run lasted about 20 minutes!

And then it was time to choose a pumpkin out of the field....

This one...no, this one!

Did I say A pumpkin!  We couldn't help it...there were just So Many!!!!
It was a fun, fun day....

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Marie! Great pictures! Those pumpkins are like Santa Claus...they are everywhere, they are everywhere!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie! Thanks so much for visiting my blog...I like new friends! And I really like new quilting friends. Haven't been updating my blog as I should, too busy remodeling and quilting...I'll have to do better! (Checked out your quilting blog, too! Love it!)

Debbie

Latane Barton said...

Such a fun day for all but especially 'grandson'. So much to see, so much to do. I wouldn't have known where to start. or End.

tina said...

Aw, what fun. I love how you use your blog as a kind of scrapbook for your grandson. It will be treasured by him and his friends and family forever. That maze is most neat. I like the schematic sign out front.

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a wonderful fall outing! I'm sure you had a great time. Our leaves are just getting into their most beautiful season right now in Alabama. Fall is such a great time to be outdoors.

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left the sweet comment. It's always so good to talk to a fellow Alabamian, even if they don't still live here. :)

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

George said...

What a wonderful day! I don't think I've seen such a large field of pumpkins. There is a large corn maze not too far from our house which is very popular this time of the year.

Anonymous said...

So nice of you to visit with me. This looks like such a fun day for you all. This is my favorite season and I love the Pink Lady apples for snacking. Have a fun weekend.

Rose said...

The maze looks huge...wonder if anyone ever got lost and had to be helped out.

A Colorful World said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!