Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


09 October 2011

The Move to Arizona--Phase Two

We were at our daughter's home for three and a half months, and though that was wonderful, it was now time to go back to Virginia to collect our household goods.  So, we flew back and made the trip once again.....
2200 miles by Penske truck!


We say goodbye to the beautiful southern magnolias, their pods fuzzy pink or browned with falling berries.  I collect a couple to show our grandson.


We visit very dear friends in Mississippi and my husband helps feed the horses...



and the wild geese who frequent their lovely country place....


After a day and a half we reluctantly say our goodbyes to these wonderful friends and climb back into the truck for the rest of our trip....

Goodbye gorgeous wetlands!  As we drive by I have commented on all the edible resources found in these swampy environs, and we see lovely herons and know other delightful creatures make their home here...but we leave the wetlands of Virginia and then our southernmost coast far behind....

And then we see a "shark" in El Paso.....ahem.

And a huge roadrunner sculpture...yep, we aren't in Kansas anymore!

The scenery is changing....

Even the creatures that inhabit it! (We saw this warning sign at a rest stop!)

And a far cry from the fuzzy pink pods of the magnolia, the yucca reaches toward the azure sky and we know we are almost there...


5 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Great post, Marie. There's quite a change as you travel westward. But, change is good... if we never had any change in our lives we would all still be wearing diapers. hehe

George said...

I didn't realize that you had to make the trip to Arizona twice. It's good that you were able to break up the trip in Mississippi. I'm glad we didn't see any rattlesnake warning signs when we were out West.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Why Arizona, Marie? I have been to Arizona briefly--but hear of alot of people going there mainly for health reasons. BUT--I also know of others who truly love it there. I'm a Smoky Mtn. gal---and would hate to ever leave my mountains!!!!

That was a long drive in a truck. Glad you got to stop and see friends along the way.

I hope and pray that your new home is fabulous and that you both are very happy there...

Hugs,
Betsy

Linda Jennings said...

The rattlesnake warning signs are a bit unnerving when you step out of your vehicle at rest areas! We saw a few of those recently while in So. CA.

Rose said...

What a long, long drive that must have been!