In Norfolk on the Hague, a body of water in the Ghent section of the city (named for the Belgian city where the peace treaty was signed after the War of 1812) is a world-class Art Museum. The Chrysler Museum of Art is an outstanding museum with an incredible collection of works from many periods. The Hague area boasts many beautiful old houses, some of them mansions, and an afternoon here is well worth the visit. Not only will you be enriched by the art, you will find that admission is entirely free to this wonderful museum.
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
07 September 2009
The Chrysler Museum of Art
This is My World Tuesday! To see many more amazing spots on this planet, each shared by members of this meme, click on the link!
In Norfolk on the Hague, a body of water in the Ghent section of the city (named for the Belgian city where the peace treaty was signed after the War of 1812) is a world-class Art Museum. The Chrysler Museum of Art is an outstanding museum with an incredible collection of works from many periods. The Hague area boasts many beautiful old houses, some of them mansions, and an afternoon here is well worth the visit. Not only will you be enriched by the art, you will find that admission is entirely free to this wonderful museum.



These photos were all taken at my recent visit. Some of the shots I am VERY proud of! Others, out of focus in the dim light, at least give you an idea of what the museum has to offer. I hope you will enjoy this photographic visit!



The collection of American artists is particularly wonderful.



(I was particularly sad not to be able to capture the amazing quality of this Renoir!)



Their glass art collection is outstanding!


This stunned me--a lifesize piece of glass art of a woman reposing.
In Norfolk on the Hague, a body of water in the Ghent section of the city (named for the Belgian city where the peace treaty was signed after the War of 1812) is a world-class Art Museum. The Chrysler Museum of Art is an outstanding museum with an incredible collection of works from many periods. The Hague area boasts many beautiful old houses, some of them mansions, and an afternoon here is well worth the visit. Not only will you be enriched by the art, you will find that admission is entirely free to this wonderful museum.
Labels: trips, garden, painting, family, history
Architecture,
Art,
My World Tuesday,
Paintings,
Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
What a marvelous museum! Thanks so much for taking us along! Your photos are terrific!
Have a great week!
Sylvia
nice shots and surprised that you were able to take these photo's inside the museum, not many museum allow photography of their collection....
i would love to visit this museum. those are really beautiful outstanding works of art. Great captures!
My World is here.
That looks like a wonderful place to spend many hours in! Thanks for sharing!
Spectacular art work...and it's free?!! I'm making a mental note of the Chrysler Museum in the Hague for future travels. My husband and I love free museums!
I'm making the same mental not as Pat. I'd love to visit. Thanks for the wonderful virtual trip.
That looks like a place that I'd enjoy visiting - I'm impressed with some of your captures, as I've found from experience, shooting in the low light of a museum is easy!
By the way, possibly a shameless bit of self promotion but if you like tiles, I've just posted about some I saw in Amsterdam.
Hi Marie, all of your photos are great and thanks for sharing your visit with us.i was a bit puzzled at first when you mentioned The Hague!
reading yur previous post the cotton loks fascinating and I hope you will show us the open cotton bolls.
Hi Marie! I didn't know you were back blogging! The last time I heard from you, you were going to be away from it for a while. These are beautiful pictures! I know it would have been a real pleasure to see this in person! Glad to find you on My World Tuesday!! I've missed you.
Marie, what a wonderful museum! Great paintings and sculptures! I also love Renoir and that period of impressionism. And that last photo is stunning! Thanks for the tour!
Thanks for all your kind comments and visits! I missed you too!
Thanks for telling us about this wonderful museum. I've been to Norfolk a few times, but wasn't aware of the Chrysler. I'll definitely make sure I get there the next time I'm in the city.
Post a Comment