Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


30 March 2009

My Newest Creation!

A baby quilt for my niece's baby that is due in mid-June! It's a boy, named Hayden, and we are all very excited about the baby that is on his way! I had already made a rose and grey baby quilt that I haven't machine quilted or bound yet, thinking maybe one day I would have a grand-daughter to go with my grandson. I had the material and loved the colors and thought of making the quilt for a year or two before I actually started it. Then we found out our niece was expecting, and with our daughter's blessing (she SWEARS she is not going to ever have another little one!) we thought the rose and grey quilt would make a perfect gift IF it was going to be a girl. The, we learned that, nope, the little one is a boy, so I started in making the quilt you see below.

For you quilters out there--this is the THIRD quilt I ever finished. (I have about six more in various stages of done-ness! :-))It is only the second one I ever machine quilted (my first attempt at machine quilting was pathetic!) and I was really proud of the machine quilting on this! My first hand-quilted and complete quilt was made for our grandson and can be seen by clicking here. I am a VERY SLOW hand-quilter, so I will be machine quilting most of the quilts I make from now on, but I am really proud of the hand-quilting I did on our grandson's quilt. So, now I have two--one hand-quilted, and one machine quilted--of which I am VERY proud!
















13 comments:

Femin Susan said...

beautiful creation.
Love it.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hello Marie !

This is a wonderful work,and I'm sure, there's much hours in this quilt.
Have a nice day with sunshine.

Greetings send you
Cheyenne

Peggy said...

That quilt looks like a lot of work it is very detailed but beautiful!

SaraG said...

WOW, that is just beautiful!!
I love love love handmade gifts!!
Receiving and GIVING!!
Take care

Latane Barton said...

You did such a great job on the quilting, Marie. I know Hayden will love it.

Tina said...

Marie,
You did such a wonderful job on this quilt...love the colors...very up beat and energetic!! I can't believe this is only your second machined quilt..you really have a steady hand making the duck shapes and that long and wispy flower..THAT IS HARD TO DO!
I am sure your niece will LOVE this hand made quilt and will keep it for a long long time..

You did a great job and should be quite proud. :)

Leedra said...

You should be proud. I am sure it will be treasured.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Jody Blue said...

I love the colors, you made them work so well.

Mary said...

This is beautiful! I'm so glad I came by to see it! All those circles look hard and the quilting is great! I do terrible with both hand and machine quilting....but I keep trying. That baby is going to be very blessed to have this.

Rose said...

this is so cute...my granddaughter would love it. We think she has a thing for orange!

Joyce said...

I love the colors and the quilting is wonderful. Hayden will be one happy little camper sleeping under this blanket that was made with LOVE.
Joyce

Janet, said...

that is a beautiful quilt. You did a great job. I hate machine quilting, the material always seems to pucker and bunch up on me.

A Colorful World said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. They received the quilt and loved it, and baby Hayden has arrived, and he is gorgeous! I have always been a stickler for the "old time" skills, and thought I would always hand-quilt all my quilts. But, it is so labor-intensive and so hard on my knuckles, I came to realize that most of my quilting will have to be done on the machine. There is definitely a knack to it! It isn't "easy" but I do enjoy it, and feel like I will get better over time, as well.