Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


02 February 2009

The Shack

A few weeks ago I read an amazing book by William P. Young....The Shack. It is a novel, but has a way of getting to you like only a true account can. You may or may not have heard about it. It's been on the best-seller list for weeks. All I can say is, it moved me in such a profound way that I felt like I would be floating from then on....for the FIRST time I actually read something that made me feel like God was talking to me, in a down-to-earth way, and giving me truths that I basically already knew, but with such depth and joy that reading the book became a celebration! I was sorry when it was over! WOW! If you have heard anything about it being odd, don't worry--it is odd, but in a good way....and if you read the book to the end, then you will understand about the odd parts. Just relax, and let the book take you where it will, and you won't be sorry!!!!!

I believe with all my heart that EVERYONE should read this book! For Christians, you will find yourself being touched by the Holy Spirit in a beautiful way....for the non-committed, it will answer some questions that are nagging at you and keeping you skeptical and, well, non-committed (smile). And I recommend this book with the highest praise! It isn't great literature. It isn't going to win an award, but the way it moves and touches everyone will be what matters.

So, read it....and let me know what you think. I'll be so happy to hear from all of you who take this challenge, and see if it moved you as much as it did me. I will almost bet everything that it will....Look it up on TheShackBook.com.

Curious?

14 comments:

DayPhoto said...

I am curious so I zipped over to the website and I will look everything over.

How are you doing? I have been wondering and wondering about you.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Gail said...

Several friends have read and suggested this book. It sound like it has a profound effect upon readers!

gail

George said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to look into it.

Dorothy said...

Hi Marie,
I have to go out and find this book after reading your reveiw.

DayPhoto said...

How werid! I thought I left a post here yesterday and I guess it didn't go through.

I have ordered this book, thank you for the suggestion.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

bookwormans said...

I've heard a lot about this book, both good and bad. I might just have to break down and see what all of the hype is about.

BTW, thank you for leaving those comments on my blog "Complete and Unabridged". I am sorry that I haven't had a chance to leave you a comment before now. Between work and the holidays I have been pretty stretched.

walk2write said...

The new neighbors we had just met when we moved into the house in Illinois handed us this book as we left to come home for a visit in December. She raved about how good it was and said it had helped her put some difficult times in proper perspective. Well, we found out that Hubby had been laid off in Illinois right after coming home for the visit. I was so profoundly shocked that it took me a lot longer to read the book than it normally would have, but it's probably good that I didn't just "devour" it. It was just what I needed at the time. I don't usually loan out books, but this one is making the rounds among friends here.

Rose said...

I have got to remember this!

DeniseinVA said...

This sounds like a very intriguing read.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Marie :)

Many thanks for letting me know about this wonderful book along with your inspiring comments.

Have a nice day :)

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a great book cover. That alone makes me want to read it.

I've heard good things and plant to read it soon. Thanks for the recommendation.
Marnie

Dorothy said...

This looks like a book I need to read! I know you don't have access to a computer right now, but I have an award to pass on to you on my blog. Blessings to you!

Mary said...

Sounds good! Will have to put it on my list of books to look for.

A Colorful World said...

Thank you all for your comments! Hope to hear from you all after you've read it, and hear what you thought!